Thursday, July 12, 2012

Another Kicks the Bucket?

So with TL's latest release of City Story Metro, rumors abound of City Story (original) being abandoned like Zoo, Empire, and Treasure Story. Seems very likely as this is the second week of no weekly updates and the Metro game's buildings are just too similar not to be considered its replacement.

Unfortunately, unlike Zoo Story 2's release, those who have played it have expressed extreme disappointment. Not just due to glitchiness, as somewhat expected of new releases from TL, but also because TL has brought back it's energy "feature", a feature I thought was stupid enough in Bubble Mania. Is TL pulling a Microsoft Vista and pushing a "well-meaning" flunk? It seems TL is only focused on greedy money spending "features" that annoy its customer base. Makes me wonder how big their customer base is now compared to the height of its popularity. Maybe it's all part of their get quick rich scheme.


To compound this, TL's silence adds for even more frustrated users who don't know if this is the abandon ship message or not. Ah well, I wasn't expecting any less from TL.

I had been placing my bets that Nightclub would have be the next orphan game. I can hear the crickets in Nightclub and I not in the good nighttime music way. Weekly when I check out Nightclub's weekly updates thread in the forums there's no responses. City's thread was similar in nature, but in-game, you could at least feel the activity, while Nightclub seemed dead in-game too. But, not one to bet on a loosing horse, I think I'll shift my wager to City.

Comment below. Will you be playing City Story Metro? Do you think City Story is being abandoned? Which do you think will go first: Bakery Story, Restaurant Story, or TL the company? Are you still interested enough to even care?

Thanks for reading! Show the world some pika love! Share. :).

No comments:

Post a Comment