Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dragon Story: DragonVale Rip Off

HAHA. I know why TL doesn't like players posting to third-party websites on their forums... It's because they can't censor those materials outside of their forums. ^.~.

So a member was asking about Dragon Story farming and dragon leveling. I posted on the TeamLava forums that I do not play their DragonStory but do play DragonVale by BackFlip Studios which they ripped off (I'm not the only one who's noticed: Dragon Story vs DragonVale Review). I then went on to speculate that Dragon Story dragon leveling is likely similar to DragonVale.


In that game, it's actually better to stop at level 7 until you have an abundance of food, especially if a higher level doesn't give that much a boost in coins collected. Reason for this in DragonVale (which I assumed works in Dragon Story the rip off), it takes more and more food to raise each level and the food used from level 7-10 can actually raise another dragon from 1-7. So unless it's better to have one max dragon than two level 7 dragons, players shouldn't focus right away on maxing out their dragons' levels. I proceeded by adding, of course someone should do some data mining to come to a correct conclusion for Dragon Story instead of just being able to speculate on it.

Well, I checked today and my post was completely gone. I'm not surprised. :3.

Conclusion: TL loves to censor and hates to admit to their dirty deeds. :>.



On a different note, kooky panda hates it when I'm sacrastic... ;>.

Every week, bawpotter starts a weekly updates thread and ends the first post with a list of "player wishes" (goals, gifts, and coin contents) to start discussions. This is my response to someone who mistakenly exclaiming they can't wait for goals to come out.

"HAHA. Sorry, I can't help it since this is addressed each week, so you'd think someone would reword it. bawpotter in this thread is listing "topics of discussions" not "TL planned releases." Sad this misunderstanding still occurs each week. Along with people coming in on Thursday saying they don't have weekly updates yet when the first posts says you may have to wait until Tuesday. Gotta love this place, same old, same old. :3."

catgirl4777 also added: "What??? What do dancers have to do with it???!!!!" [In this particular thread, he included something about, while the dancers are getting ready, let's talk.]

Of course kooky can't stand it and says, "Hey guys, take it easy on Bawpotter. It takes alot of time to put up these threads and Bawpotter takes the time to get these up for you guys. If you have suggestions for him, you can send him a private message, but please do not detrail [sic] the thread

calling out these things."

Of course it takes a lot of time and energy to keep something up weekly - I do it weekly on my site when I update the Weekly Updates pages. Though... if you ask me, they'd save this wasted effort if people responded directly to DaojinWildfire's weekly update threads so a lesser moderator doesn't have to waste time to repeat it. Heck, I thought repetition of thread topics was against the forum ToS... Just saying.

But honestly, how is it derailing the thread, informing that member of the truth? After all, if not me, then likely it'll be poor old bawpotter saying that once again, these are just player wishes to open up discussions. Heck, I'm being nice, saving him the trouble. ;>. Or he could just make it really, really clear that his list of goals, gifts, and coin contents is a list of player wishes, not official release announcements by TL. *Shrugs.* Guess some people like the same old, same old.

Comment below? Do you like Dragon Story? Do you like how TL seems to be releasing rip off games instead of fixing bugs/glitches? Have you played DragonVale? Is my sarcasm too harsh?

13 comments:

  1. Yup, TL completely ripped off dragonvale....but i still enjoy dragon story (though dragonvale is far superior) so i aint gonna troll their site lol. If anyone asks me though, dragonvale is the best dragon zoo game. I just hope one of these studios...(preferably backflip) would make a 3D version for a gaming system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dragonvale is much better

    ReplyDelete
  3. DRAGONVALE IS EPIC, dragonstory is okay

    ReplyDelete
  4. DRAGONVALE is WAYYY BETTER! I will NEVER switch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is just gorgeous!!! I have tried several of you styles. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dragon story has much more efficient updates and they come out with dragons each week. Dragonvale makers are too slow at releasing content. I could go on forever but I've argued this too many times. Dragon story is a copy cat game but they have simply made a better dragonvale. Why are you complaining about the forums? Not very many people even get on the forums

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragon Story might have more dragons, but their dragons are really stupid! DragonVale has a set of elements that actually make sense, while Dragon Story keeps throwing in new elements. The reason DragonVale releases dragons slowley is so that people have TIME to breed a dragon before a new dragon comes out. Also at this pace, Dragon Story is soon going to run out of ideas and will start making dragons with very similar elements. I agree though, that Dragon Story does have some cool dragons, but the graphics look utterly fake.

      Delete
    2. actually they already have copied many of the same dragons like diamond lightning ruby etc.

      Delete
    3. It is very true. Dragonvale is FAR more superior.

      Delete
    4. I have heard many reports of "Dragon Story" lagging too much,having too much ads,gold lagging,and even paying to breed. I also picked up something else. What retard would spend 2 months trying to breed 1 dragon out of 220!

      Delete
    5. I have heard many reports of "Dragon Story" lagging too much,having too much ads,gold lagging,and even paying to breed. I also picked up something else. What retard would spend 2 months trying to breed 1 dragon out of 220!

      Delete
  7. Dragonvale is good, because it was original, unlike DragonStory. DragonStory had better graphics, but Dragaonvale was created before DragonStory, so that arguement was invalid. A lot of people argued DragonStory was better because the dragons came out faster, but I found it quite hard to collect all the dragons if they came at a daily pace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are the same thing!!! If you played dragon story you should probably stick with it. Same with dragon vale. I play dragon story (same thing).

    ReplyDelete